Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bush-Wacked

I'm in the middle of pulling the engine on the Nissan Sentra I wrote about last week. Plus, my lovely wife and I are holding an estate sale this weekend with a friend so we're spending our evenings shlepping furniture back and forth. I'm also on a deadline for getting the engine out of the car so I've been remiss in adding new material. Please forgive me while I microwave something instant for you. As with real microwave dinners, the heavy lifting is done by someone else. Just heat and eat.

I read a very good column by Rosa Brooks from the LA Times. She outlines all the last minute legislation the Bush administration is rammrodding through before they steal the silverware on their way out. Presidential pardons and wacko legislation are a time-honored privilege of a lame duck president but this stuff goes beyond the pale. It may take the incoming administration years to undo it all. You can read more about it by clicking here.

No comments: